Strategic Institutional Initiatives and Planning
Located in the southern sector of Dallas—Southern Bible Institute finds itself in an expanding, ethnically-diverse community. Within its community, Southern Bible Institute shines as a beacon of hope as an authoritative biblical higher education school. The African American community desires students who are trained in bible-centered expository preaching and teaching. Southern Bible Institute is poised to grow and fill this proliferate hunger for biblical preaching and teaching!
SBI is actively confirming partnerships with individuals, businesses, churches, and professional communities who embrace achieving SBI’s Vision undergirding these strategic initiatives. Consequently, our mission for equipping men and women to be competent servant leaders with a Bible centered worldview involves eight strategic initiatives over the next five years. SBI will accomplish this by:
- Expanding the educational mission of SBI by progressive alignment to achieve accreditation with ABHE, the Association of Biblical Higher Education—a recognized accrediting association by the USDE, U.S. Department of Education and CHEA, Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Improving curricular offerings through reorganization of academic programs.
- Growing the student population through active, aggressive, and effective recruitment and retention strategies.
- Implementing and sustaining the Vision through top-notch leadership, developing and expanding the faculty to increase excellence in academic engagement and ministry involvement. Additionally, cultivating a professional staff who provide administrative and educational support services that complement the school’s mission and branding statements for servant leadership.
- Advancing the technological environment in order to enhance student learning, academic program delivery and methods, and day-to-day operations in all areas of the school.
- Exercising optimal stewardship, while providing an excellent learning environment. Initially remodeling current facilities to provide an environmentally sound and safe learning environment in a growing technological age.
- Increasing the funding base of SBI through new relationships with dedicated partners who share the Vision.
- Providing a solid educational and fiscal foundation from which to invite other smaller local institutes to join SBI and be an influence for like-minded groups to follow this model in other cities.